Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection
ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is an IVF treatment procedure, where individual sperm is chosen and injected into the female reproductive egg by embryologist at our fertility research center in Delhi, India. In a biological words, ICSI can be comprehend as micromanipulation, a procedure operated with an tool, micromanipulator, to take care of the infertility problem couples with rigorous male cause (like low sperm count, morphology, or movement).
This is a good hope for the couples, who had to opt for donor sperms for IVF; the resulted embryo will have biological constituents of both partners with ICSI done. Even the patients with azoospermia (no sperm in semen or ejaculation) have a better chance to father their own biological child.
ICSI Treatment is a safer, modern yet simple practice that is executes globally with a good fertilization success rates. Our fertility research center in Delhi holds a good success rate of IUI pregnancies, especiallt for azoospermic patients. ICSI Treatment Centre in India & ICSI treatment centre in Delhi is Motherslapivf
How is ICSI Treatment procedure done?
- Through a specific holding pipette, the mature ova (collected from the female) are held gently.
- Then one single sperm is picked up with a delicate yet sharp but hollow needle. This is sometimes difficult as sperms are motile, o embryologist has to cautiously pick them with extensive care.
- The needle with the sperm is introduced into the cytoplasm of the ova through the shell of ova (zona).
- The sperm taken in the introduced needle is carefully injected into the cytoplasm of the ova and the needle vigilantly taken out.
- Injected oocytes is freed from the holding pipette, cleaned and transferred to a tiny dive of unsullied means.
- Similarly, maximum possible oocytes are injected with sperm and transferred to a little drop of fresh and pristine medium.
- The Injected oocyte are, then, incubated for somewhat 16 to18 hours, and then tested for fertilization.
- The final embryos that are alive and healthy are kept in the woman's uterus, with the standard IVF procedures.
- Usually two to three embryos are transferred to the woman’s uterus and other embryos are send for freezing, in case for further transfer required for other cycles.